January 14, 2011

Ah, Canadian Magazines

"Just as traditional movie stardom is threatened by the reality meteors, so will the rarefied air of Wintour grow too thin to sustain life." 
I have many issues with this article by National Post writer Leanne Delap, former editor of Fashion, currently Canada's largest fashion magazine. But her main point that I imagine she is making with the article is that magazine editors are becoming more personable and available, which is true. 

I disagree strongly when she writes "being a bitch is so last season," however, because I don't think that it is fair of Delap to imply that editors like Vreeland and Wintour (who is referenced at length in the article) were about "being a bitch." Being firm and mysterious and demanding of your staff is not necessarily a bad thing, accessible or not.

Read the full article here, and let me know what you think.

No comments: