April 17, 2007

Adventures in Fashion Editorial


http://www.glamour.com/fashionbeauty/blogs/suze

Love this blog from Glamour magazine. Today, Suzy writes:
In my day as an assistant, we worked from 8 a.m. until 11 p.m. and later or even 24 hours in a row, without complaint. It was expected that we would run around NYC in search of whatever our editor needed and if we didn't find it, it was pretty much the end of our careers. Saying "no" was not an option and that was the best thing I could have ever learned from any job.
While this may sound dramatic, it's real. And a good lesson to anyone who might be wanting to work at a consumer magazine (trade ones and newspapers tend to be different from what I hear).

Kudos also to Julie for telling it like it is.

2 comments:

Julie said...

HAhha, I told it like it is even more on my personal blog. Suze and I had a blast chatting about the subject!

fashion theory said...

i read the comments on suzy's blog too - holy cow

i wanna come for lemonade!

ps. hope you feel better soon.