December 29, 2006

The end of teen fashion magazines...


[Sorry for the lack of updates in December! I was away in SE Asia and some of the countries seem to block blogger websites!!]

Anyway, I found out the other day that Canada's only teen fashion magazine, Fashion18 (owned by St. Joseph Media), is going online-only and ceasing publication. I don't read it or subscribe, so I didn't know exactly when that happened, but it must have been in the last few weeks.

Like the fate of American counterparts Teen People and Ellegirl, the magazine will maintain an online staff and website because that's the direction that this demographic is (supposedly) heading towards. So then I wonder why magazines like Teen Vogue and Cosmogirl! are still doing really well? Also, what happens to women's magazines when this generation grows up?

No comments: